The Parang La trek is an adventurous and challenging trekking route that was a traditional ancient route followed by traders from Spiti Valley, Ladakh and Tibet. For centuries, traders from Changtang and Rupshu conquered this unforgiving trail to attend the famous Ladarcha Fair in Spiti Valley. The trekking part starts from Kibber, one of the highest villages in the world, and takes you through the ancient route to Tibet, over the Parang La at 5600 meters. The trail winds up along the banks of the Tso Moriri Lake, which is located in the Rupshu area of Ladakh at an altitude of over 4500 meters. The Lake is well known for Bar-headed geese, black necked crane and Brahminy Ducks. One can also see Marmots and Kiang (wild ass) along the lake. The Parang La Trek ends at the village of Karzok – situated on the West Bank of the Tso Moriri Lake at an altitude of over 4500 meters. Karzok is home to a Buddhist Monastery belonging to the Drukpa lineage and nomads who trade in Pashmina wool and salt.
Night stay in camps on sharing basis.
Meals Full Board during trek.
- Highly knowledgeable and experienced English-speaking local guides and trekking staff.
- All camping equipment including state-of-the-art high altitude minus-degree sleeping bags, waterproof tents, comfortable trek mattresses, kitchen tents, dining tents and toilet tent.
- Camping accommodation as per the program
- Freshly cooked delicious multi-cuisine breakfast, lunch and dinner on from Day 1 to Day 8.
- Mule drivers and mules to carry the camping equipment and ration.
- Service Tax of 9%
- Hotel / Homestay at any place
- Any Car / Jeep transfers between Manali – Kaza / Kaza – Kibber / Karzog – Leh / Leh – Manali
- Snacks and beverages that are not mentioned in the list of inclusions.
- Any additional costs incurred in case of a medical emergency / natural disaster / breakdown of vehicle / acts of God.
- Anything not mentioned in the “What’s Included” section.
* Prices are on per person basis, for minimum 2 pax.
* GST is chargeable extra.