- Deluxe rooms on a single or double occupancy basis in a lodge at Kund.
- 6 small meals in the form of snacks and refreshments during coffee or tea breaks will also be provided.
- From dinner on Day 1 to breakfast on Day 5, all meals will be arranged.
- 3⁄4 season mountain hardwear
- All driver charges, fuel, parking, toll and taxes
- Camping equipments (Camping stools, Mess Tents, Dining Tent, toilet tents for portable toilet seats, fresh mattress, Imported inflatable sleeping bags)
- First Aid kit and Medicine kit
- Forest entry, permits and camping fee
- 2 guides for the group of maximum 12 trekkers so 1 guide for 6 group members
- Porter or mule charges for carrying camping equipments and rations
- Service Tax
Things To Carry
- A small backpack or day pack with a plastic or water-proof lining
- Comfortable waterproof (Goretex) high-ankle trekking shoes with good grip
- Trekking pole or stick
- Wardrobe essentials like woolen and fleece clothes, synthetic or waterproof trekking pants with inner lining, wind-proof and rain-proof jackets, sunglasses, waterproof gloves, thermal innerwear, down jacket with min 600 fill power rating, Balaclava or woolen cap, scarf or muffler, thick woolen and regular socks, raincoat or ponchos, cap or floppy hat Moisturizer, Sun Screen Lotion, Lip Balm
- Personal Medicine Kit
- Rain cover for bags
- Insulated water bottle and hydration pack (optional)
- Torch / Flashlight (with extra batteries)
- Extra Polythene bags
Drive from Haridwar – Kund (1350m, 6-7 hour of 200km)
Arrive at the Haridwar Railways Station by 7:00 AM and then board a vehicle to take you 200kms to Kund. The ride will entail meandering by the Ganga and Alaknanda Rivers and surpassing the holy towns of Rishikesh, Devprayag and Rudraprayag till you enter the Mandakini valley. Reach Kund by evening and then take a short hike to practice for the next few days’ trekking journey. Settle by the riverside and camp here in a lodge for the night.
Trek from Kund – Deoria Tal (2438m and 4-5 hour trek)
After breakfast, set off on a trekking journey from the lodge through cosy hamlets and the temple township of Ukhimath. Cut through the dense thickets thriving with abundant bird species and continue climbing upwards. Upon arriving at Deoria Tal Lake by afternoon, take some time to uncover the gorgeous environs. Settle down here in the comfort of your camps and get a good night’s sleep
Trek from Deoria Tal – Chopta (2800m and 4-5 hour trek)
Begin the day with breakfast and a walk on a ridge as well as a series of ascending trails. You will even come across mixed forests of oaks, pines and Rhododendrons. Arrive at the campsite in Chopta by afternoon and spend the rest of the day unearthing the natural treasures of the place which are enhanced by snow-capped mountainous landscapes. By nightfall, put up your camps here and retire for the night after a hearty dinner.
Trek from Chopta – Tungnath (3680m) – Chandrashila Peak (4000m and 4-5 hour trek), Drive from Chopta – Kund (1 hour drive)
Start off the day by ascending to the slopes to reach Tungnath temple. The several hued pastures here along with the beautiful mountains and valleys serving as the backdrop make for a remarkable sight. Post stacking up on refreshments, resume your trek uphill towards the Chandrashila Peak at 4000m. From the peak, get enchanted by the peaks of Nanda Devi, Trishul, Chaukhamba. Trek down to the base camp at Chopta and the drive up to the lodge where a hot dinner awaits you. Retire here for the night.
Drive from Kund – Haridwar (6-7 hour drive of 200km)
Post breakfast, you can partake in an exciting session of rafting on the Alaknanda River or unwind at the base camp. Upon completion of rafting, depart for Haridwar through the spiritual township of Rishikesh. Arrive Haridwar by 3-4:00 PM and then continue onwards with your journey your Deoria Tal and Chandrashila Trek comes to an end.