Deoria Tal and Chandrashila Trek with Chopta is a short trek up to the most spellbinding peaks in Garhwal district. The first bit of this trekking journey takes one to Deoria Tal where one can relish the charming beauty of its lake standing at 2438m. It is from the Chaukhamba Peak where one can capture gorgeous views of the Deoria Tal Lake and its mirror-like waters.
The trail leading to Chopta is enveloped in lush green meadows nestled in the lap of the Himalayas.
This trail leads one to the Tungnath temple, which stands tall at 3680m and is regarded the highest Shiva shrine in the world. Apart from the exotic flora and fauna caught along the way, one can also feast their eyes with sights of several majestic peaks namely the Bandarpoonch, Kedar and Chaukhamba. After a kilometer-long walk from Tungnath, arrive at the summit of Chandrashila peak at about 4000m. The spectacle offered here comprising of snow-capped peaks and the undulating valleys surrounding the area make this trek well worth it.
- Deluxe rooms on a single or double occupancy basis in a lodge at Kund.
- From dinner on Day 1 to breakfast on Day 5, all meals will be arranged.
- 3⁄4 season mountain hardwear
- All driver charges, fuel, parking, toll and taxes
- Camping equipments (Camping stools, Mess Tents, Dining Tent, toilet tents for portable toilet seats, fresh mattress, Imported inflatable sleeping bags)
- First Aid kit and Medicine kit
- Forest entry, permits and camping fee
- 2 guides for the group of maximum 12 trekkers so 1 guide for 6 group members
Things To Carry
- A small backpack or day pack with a plastic or water-proof lining
- Comfortable waterproof (Goretex) high-ankle trekking shoes with good grip
- Trekking pole or stick
- Moisturizer, Sun Screen Lotion, Lip Balm
- Personal Medicine Kit
- Rain cover for bags
- Insulated water bottle and hydration pack (optional)
- Torch / Flashlight (with extra batteries)
- Extra Polythene bags
Drive from Rishikesh to Sari Village
Drive from Rishikesh to Sari Village (230 kms). Overnight in lodge.
Sari to Devariyatal Trek (8 kms)
Sari to Devariyatal Trek (8 km) and overnight at Chopta. Overnight in lodge.
Chopta to Tungnath Trek
Chopta to Tungnath Trek (8 km) and overnight at Ukhimath
Drive from Ukhimath to Rishikesh
Drive from Ukhimath to Rishikesh (200 kms). Tour ends